Tim and Jeremy are both waiters at a restaurant in downtown New York City. During slow times at work, to stave off boredom when it is slow, the two young men draw pictures. These pictures are made using ink and what is called the "Triple Dupe Pad," a book of paper used to place orders in the kitchen. The drawings usually take about a week to make, all the while also being used by fellow employees to take orders; this sometimes leads to other collaborators or in a couple cases, to the loss of the work. The drawings are then scanned and colored in Photoshop where they come to life in stunning technicolor! The subject matter varies from piece to piece, as they are made over a long course of time and under various moods and states of mind. They all retain a playfulness that serves as a coping mechanism after spending a night catering to the endless needs of hungry patrons.

Monday, June 17, 2013

#44 "Shakespeare In The Park" In color! November 7, 2011

Click on the Image to make it BIGGER!

In the last blog post, I talked about how all the characters pictured here are really actors or audience members at a performance of a work of Shakespeare being put on in the park. Well, now it has color and who knows what it's about now. I think we can leave the title as is, although I'm not that convinced of my argument about the characters of Billy Shake being portrayed here. This looks more like one of those "Celebrate Brooklyn" concerts they put on each summer, where things sometimes get out of hand. At least the band showed up this time. Music is an important part of life at the Cafe Loup. I have said that in this blog before but I am just reminding you. That is why I am always bringing up Cafe Loup: The Musical. Some day, I hope someone from the place writes the Musical version of life at the Loup. Sara used to talk about writing a book called Table 8 that would be all about the adventures of the employees of the Loup. The stories would be told sitting around Table 8 like in the old days when we sat at that table every night after our shift. We rarely sit there any more; it's one of the lost practices of the old team. As much as I think that a Table 8 book idea is a good one, I think The Musical would be better. Sometimes when we're all bored at work we try to cast The Musical. It's a fun activity and if you have never  thought about who would play you in the movie of your life, now is the time to act as the casting director, and get someone to play you. Everyone looks kind of like a celebrity, so everyone could be cast in the movie. The old ladies at my old job used to say I looked like James Woods which is cool and everything since he's a bad ass, but he's my dad's age. So he could play the old version of me when I am still working at the Loup in 2030 and this blog has 16 followers instead of 8. I don't know who could play me, but I like to think that my boy Justin Timberlake might be able to harness the crazy in me. That, and he's a dream boat so who wouldn't want him to portray them in the movie version of the The Musical. We have even cast some of the regulars, because The Musical wouldn't be complete without some of the regulars. I mean, they are the reason the place stays open in the first place, so they might as well get at least a little cameo. As for Tim, that one is really tricky. Granted, casting JTLake as myself is kind of insane since I don't really look like him besides the fact that we are both 30 something white boys, but I'm casting this movie dammit. I have Tim narrowed down to a couple dudes, but I am going to have to have them come in and read some lines before I can really settle on one. I am between Matthew Fox (Jack from Lost), Justin Theroux (from Mullholland Drive and Aniston's baby father), and James Franco (from Rise of the Planet of the Apes:). Now, Mr. Fox kind of looks like Tim if you put some glasses on him and made him grow his hair longer than a buzz cut, but what about his chops as an actor? Is he going to be able to give the performance we want from him? Theroux has proven his acting chops in movies like American Psycho and Mullholland Drive, but he seems somehow not exactly right. Maybe he's not edgy enough. I think Franco could certainly pull it off, but haven't we reached the Franco Saturation point by now? Yes, we have; however, maybe this role would bag him an Oscar and we could finally be rid of him (for a couple of years until he starts directing). So, all of you people who don't know what Tim and I look like, there is a small frame of reference. We look like those dudes. Cool right? The Loup is full of hunks.
So, since I cast Tim and I, I feel obligated to cast the rest of the Cafe Loup staff, and maybe some regulars. So, without further ado, here is Jeremy's Cafe Loup: The Musical casting.

Cast (In order of Appearance)

Llyod- Jeff Bridges
Ardes- Annette Benning
Bernardo-
Ociel- Peter Dinklage
Jose Perez-
Segundo- Jackie Chan
Jay- Alfred Molina
Dien- Chun Yao Fat
Sara- Julianne Moore
Frank- Tony Hale
Mike-
Marcel-
Sue-
Jerry-
Tomyo- Bai Ling
Jose Gonzales-
Jeremy- Justin Timberlake
Draman- Djimon Hounsou
Tim- James Franco
Edie- Ginnifer Goodwin
Gary-
Phil- The Lorax
Laird- Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Javier- Shrek
Alex- Dave Navarro
Victor-
Gayle-
Noel-
Richard- Robert Duval
Rebecca-
Liz-
Tommy-
Allan- Michael Caine

(Ok, I couldn't cast the whole thing. Here's a partial list for now...)






No comments:

Post a Comment